August 18, 2022
- Deprecate support for Kubernetes 1.19. Support for 1.19 will be dropped in the next release.
- Add support for Kubernetes 1.22
- Upgrade Okteto CLI to 2.5.2
- Upgrade Buildkit to 0.10.3
- Upgrade ingress-nginx to 4.1.3
- Upgrade Reloader dependency to 0.0.118
- Enable user pod preferred affinity by default
- Eliminated buildkit upgrade failures related to immutable statefulset fields.
- Support the kubernetes endpoints needed by litmus-2.10.2
- Improve the rollout of public services using rolling updates
- Delete VolumeSnapshotsContent when VolumeSnapshot is deleted
- Account for non-existing users in GC job when deleting namespaces
August 3, 2022
- Private CAs are now correctly propagated to the worker nodes.
July 14, 2022
- Add structured and staged logs for pipelines. Groups logs by stage in the okteto UI.
- Support adding custom environment variables for main Okteto components
- Support adding custom annotations, labels, and environment variables to the pipeline installer jobs
- Display the CLI version used by the pipeline installer jobs in the Okteto UI admin panel
- You can now download the Okteto cluster context from the UI
- Upgraded Okteto CLI to 2.4.2
- Disable the helm catalog on self-hosted installations by default. This makes installing CRDs not mandatory during cluster creation.
- Improve K8S rolling update process for Okteto API deployment
- The webhook will not redeploy snapshots as part of an update operation.
- Pipelines are now able to push and pull charts to the internal repository
- The deploy button is now disabled in the UI while requests are in-flight. This was causing double deploys in some scenarios.
- Fixed memory leak caused by not freeing up some resources after closing the connection when streaming the logs.
- Pipelines now show the correct initial date in the logs
Jun 16, 2022
- Add Access Control to Volume Snapshots
- Add link to the Community website in the help menu.
OKTETO_DOMAINenvironment variables in every pod
- Remove Namespace limit on licenses
- Upgrade Okteto CLI to 2.3.3
- Upgrade Okteto registry to 2.8.1
- Better deduplication in secrets query. Prioritize user secrets over cluster secrets.
- Handle PVC update in the mutating webhook. Fixes Okteto CLI issue #2599
- Upgrade crypto package. Fixes CVE-2022-27191
- Upgrade frontend nginx server to alpine 1.22. Fixes CVE-2022-27405
- Fix panic in Preview Environment query for repos with invalid format
- Fix component running state calculation for pods with many retries. They previously stayed in the error state.
- Fix UI bug with Pull Request names in Preview environment list for non github URLs.
May 19, 2022
- Okteto daemonset no longer mounts host volumes nor runs in privilege mode
- Add support for GKE workload identity
ingressClassNamefield for ingresses instead of the deprecated
- Add network quotas for okteto up
- Invalid ingresses not accepted by the nginx ingress controller are now caught by the webhook
- Deploying daemonset is no longer allowed by default
- Ingresses are put to sleep alongside all other namespace resources and automatically wake by with incoming requests
- Improve pipeline jobs lifecycle and properly handle timeouts. Logs for pipelines that time out are no longer lost
- Account for "ready" container condition to check if a component is healthy
- Decouple computing overloaded nodes from the autoscaler
- Allow users to type in custom branch name for Github repository in the deploy modal
- Add delete button to preview list
- Fix inaccesible modal elements on small screens
- Upgrade to Okteto CLI 2.2.2
- Upgrade ingress-nginx helm chart to 4.1.0
- Fix a panic in the mutation webhook for pods with no labels
- Minor UI fixes for deploy's branch selector
- Ingresses using the
kubernetes.io/ingress.classannotation will be automatically updated by the okteto webhook and saved as
spec.ingressClassNamewith the annotation removed
- Okteto Pipelines are executed relative to the path where manifest is located. All relative paths in the manifest will use the context of the subfolder where the manifest is defined
May 6, 2022
- Provides a buildkit update for addressing authentication issues when building images.
April 7, 2022
- Add support for Okteto Manifest v2
- Allow custom affinities in application pods
- Allow to "Wake" previews from the Okteto UI
- Add support for Buildkit HPA (Horizontal Pod Autoscaler)
- Avoid placing okteto components in overloaded nodes if used in a single node pool
- Reduce Buildkit liveness initial delay from 5m to 10s
- Add resource quotas to jobs and cronjobs
- Migrate cronjobs to use batch/v1 GV as per v1.25 deprecation guide. Backwards compatibility still given for kubernetes versions < 1.21.
- Display current Okteto version in Admin view
- Pipeline installer can deploy from "okteto-compose.yml" files
- Automatically reload mutation webhook when internal certificates expire
- Fix service resource creating with NodePort defined